Meal prep. It’s what drives EVERYTHING when it comes to successful fat loss. Meal prep drives compliance to your plan, and compliance to your plan drives the results. If your food is not prepared, that chain breaks down.
The fact of the matter is, many people fall short when it comes to meal prep because, well…they have not adequately PREPPED to MEAL PREP :). Just like a master carpenter has to have the right tools on hand to get the job done, so do YOU! You have to invest in the right tools to make your meal prep more successful, efficient, and easily implemented. Here are the LBC meal prep “tools of the trade”…consider these essentials:
- Crock Pot/Slow Cooker: great for cooking bulk amounts of chicken, sirloin and flank steak. Throw a big batch in-maybe that’s on Sunday afternoon or before bed-on low and walk away.
- Cooler Bag: an absolute essential for taking your prepped food on the go…don’t forget to purchase some plastic ice packs!
- Large Tupperware: an essential for storing bulk amounts of chicken, beef, rice and potatoes.
- Smaller Tupperware/Meal Prep Containers: simply transfer from the large Tupperware into these in the correct portions for your plan.
- Super Small Circular Tupperware: perfect for things like fruit, nuts and nut butters.
- Food Scale: an absolute MUST to succeed with your plan.
- Travel Food Scale: slip it in your handbag, “man bag” or gym bag to stay on plan “on the go”, at a restaurant, social event, etc.
- Bullet Blender: make delicious protein shakes in a flash!
- Shaker Bottles: get a bunch of them as they can get “funky” over time ?
*don’t forget to stock up on plenty of ZipLoc bags/baggies, plastic utensils, napkins, etc.
The 10 above are essentials. Here are some other non-essentials a lot of my clients like:
- Insta Pot: an alternative to the basic slow cooker, these have become quite popular…great for cooking bulk amounts of rice in particular.
- Air Fryer: another very “hip” and popular item, this makes delicious meat, seafood, chicken and potatoes in a flash.
If you are just starting your physique and fitness journey…or if you struggle with meal prep currently…I hope you investigate and invest in some or all of the above! Remember, failing to prepare meals preparing to fail :).